Why Customers Love Glow Green
Our PV solar panels come with up to 30 years warranty for complete peace of mind.
As one of the UK's leading Solar Suppliers you'll benefit from our huge buying power and an unbeatable Price Match Guarantee.
We are proud to be members of NICEIC and HIES, so you are in safe hands.
We are MCS certified. This ensures that your installation will be completed to the highest standard, and you can sell your surplus energy back to the grid.
We regularly win awards for customer satisfaction, and we're rated "great" on TrustPilot
All electrical work is undertaken by fully qualified, registered & accredited Electricians.
Our team of expert local engineers will install your new PV system typically within 2 - 4 weeks.
100% of our installations are audited to ensure full compliance.
- What is PV Solar?
- PV (Photovoltaics) are panels that produce electricity from solar energy. These are often mounted on the roof and facing towards the Sun. They capture the Sun's energy and convert it into renewable electricity. This electricity can then be used in our homes and sold to the electricity grid.
- How does PV Solar work?
- The Sun's energy is converted into DC electricity by PV Panels on the roof. An Inverter converts the DC Voltage in AC electricity that we use in our homes and businesses. A generation meter records its production. The generated electricity is then used by your home and its appliances during the daytime. Excess electricity not used during production is then sold back to your electricity provider or stored in a battery.
- What PV Solar accreditations do Glow Green hold?
- We are registered with The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC). Through this registration was can sign off electrical work in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors. The MicroGeneration Certification Scheme ( MCS ) is a mark of quality and competence of both ourselves and the products that we install. The Home Insulation and Energy Systems Quality Assurance Contractors Scheme (HIES) sets our high consumer protection standards for selling and installing renewable energy systems like PV Solar.
- What comes with a Glow Green PV Solar installation?
- When Glow Green supply and install, our customers will receive - Tier 1 & MCS approved solar panels. These will be installed on a roof / ground mounted system. An inverter - The inverter converts the DC into AC electricity which we can use in our homes. Isolator's - Before and after the inverter installation, isolators are installed for safety and maintenance. A battery storage system, which is optional. A generation meter - An OFGEM approved meter is used to record how much electricity has been generated. After the installation you will receive a full MCS handover pack so you can apply for a SEG Tariff.
- What is the best direction to install panels to optimise the Sun?
- In the Northern hemisphere, PV panels produce their most facing South, towards the Equator. PV Panels with consistent direct sunlight will produce the most electricity. The angle towards the south, pitch of the roof and shading will affect generation. Shading can affect production as PV panels protect themselves using bypass diodes. The location in Great Britain will also affect production. But PV Panels don't need to face south or have a perfect pitch to work.
Speak to our team
Today Glow Green is one of the UK's leading providers of energy efficient products that focus on helping customer reduce their energy usages and their bills.Call Us Now
Open for Sales & Enquires - Today - 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Customer Emergencies - 24/7.
- Fast Installations
- Competitive Prices
- Professional Service