AIR CONDITIONING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All the terms of the contract between the Customer and the Company are contained in this document and written specifications (if any) provided to the Customer. No variation of the terms shall bind either party unless such variation is made in writing and signed by the party to be bound.
- The Company, having discussed with the Customer the requirements for the installation of the air conditioning products as listed in the quotation, may need to carry out a survey to take detailed measurements and or specifications and any Contract is subject to the surveyor’s report and findings. The Company reserves the right to decline the work detailed on the Contract should its surveyor(s) think fit to do so. Should this action become necessary, the liability of the Company in these circumstances is limited to the refund of any deposit paid by the customer and these sums will be refunded immediately.
- Any changes in materials and/or specification from those detailed in the schedule of the quotation will only apply when supported by the Company’s amendment forms which must be signed by both parties — i.e. “The customer” and “The Company”
- Delivery / installation timescales are approximate and shall be deemed to commence with effect from settlement of all details of the order and receipt of payment of any deposit where applicable and are made subject to fires, strikes or lockouts and any other causes beyond the contract of the Company interfering with it’s execution or completion of the Contract. Time shall not be deemed to be the essence of the Contract. Should the Company be required to amend the scheduled Installation Date due to engineer availability, then the Company shall not be held liable to compensate for Loss of Earnings. Every effort will be made to notify you (The Customer) of any change to the scheduled Installation Date at the earliest availability.
- We will carry out the work during working hours Monday to Friday, but may on occasion need to use a reasonable amount of overtime to achieve completion. This may include additional days for the installation when planned. We may stipulate the number of engineers to complete the installation. However, the number of engineers is not guaranteed and only a guide, as during busy periods this may change. It is a condition of this contract that your approval of such overtime is granted although we will endeavour to minimise any disruption or inconvenience. Should any overtime or unsociable working hours be specifically requested by you or any other special arrangements charged for and agreed in the quotation, it may be necessary for us to amend the quotation. These charges will be explained at the time and prior to the overtime or unsocial working hours commencing. We will need access to the relative property at all reasonable time whilst the work is being executed and would expect free use of water electricity and gas to enable us to complete the work in accordance with this Contract.
- Due to the Company’s policy continuous improvements, the Customer shall have the benefit of any modification the Company may make to its products and procedures albeit these changes may be made without prior notice to the Customer. All illustrations within the Company’s literature and that of its suppliers are subsequently intended as a guide only.
- Any concession, latitude or waiver allowed by the Company at any time shall be without prejudice by strict and full rights under this Contract and shall not prevent the Company subsequently exercising such rights.
- Payment of the contract balance will be automatically taken on the day of installation using the details provided at the time of booking. If the payment fails, your card will be re-attempted for the remaining balance. You have the right to remove the card details at any time and you can do this in writing or on the phone to Glow Green Limited. For heating installations, if you are a recipient of heating and hot water and payment is not received within 7 days, Glow Green Ltd are entitled to report this to the credit reference agencies and take legal action. For Air Con installations, if the installation has been completed and payment is not received in 7 days, Glow Green Ltd are entitled to report this to the credit reference agencies and take legal action. When payments have been made to the Company’s agent or representatives, the Company must retain a copy of the contract or invoice with the payment indicated and received by the person of whom the payment is handed. Cheques must be made payable in favour of the Company only if remedial work is necessary, the Customer may hold a maximum of 10% of the value of the invoice until such work is carried out. Interest at 2% over Bank base rate, any overdue balance on a daily basis until payment is made. ROMALPA CLAUSE – All goods supplied remain the property of the Company even though installed by way of a lien until fully paid for and the Company reserves the right of re-entry to remove any such goods whether fixed or otherwise, which remain unpaid for. The guarantee shall be null and void if payments are not made on the due dates and the above conditions not adhered to.
- If the Customer has entered into a Credit Agreement via one of the Company’s nominated finance providers, the terms of their agreement will apply as part of this Contract. If the credit agreement is later cancelled, then subject to the terms of the 1974 Consumers Credit Act the contract balance will become immediately payable. This does not affect your statutory rights. If the finance documents are not returned and you are in supply of a functioning air conditioning system, an invoice will be issued for the full installation cost minus any deposits paid at the time of booking. If you are in supply of a functioning air conditioning system and payment is not received within 7 days of the invoice date, Glow Green are entitled to report back to the credit reference agencies.
- In the event of suspension or cancellation of the work at the request of the Customer, or lack of instruction or delay on site caused by matters beyond the control of the Company any extra expenses thereby incurred or losses suffered shall be chargeable to the Customer along with reasonable addition for administration and overhead costs. This condition shall not be construed as to affect any statutory or common law rights of the Customer. If you do not provide us with at least 2 working day’s notice before cancelling your installation, a £250 cancellation charge will be applied.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that any licence, permit or other authority necessary for the execution of the work is obtained and that existing property boundaries are correctly defined.
- Whilst every care will be taken by the Company it accepts no liability for any damages to plaster work, decoration, flooring etc, which may be consequent upon the carrying out of the work detailed, unless specifically provided for in the schedule(s) in the quotation. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good but not permanently finished or redecorated. Floor boards will be reinstated or replaced when necessary but special and/or laminated floors cannot be permanently re-fixed. Any carpets which have to be lifted will be re-laid to the best of our engineer’s ability, however we cannot be held responsible for carpets which have been nailed or glued down, It should be anticipated that an amount of re-decoration may be required and this will be the Customer’s responsibility and is not included in the price. Similarly the Company accepts no responsibility for damage which is attributable to structural defect or weakness unless such damage results from negligence on the part of the Company, it’s servants, workmen or assignees.
- All new air conditioning systems/upgrades installed carry a comprehensive 3 year labour warranty from the date of installation. No guarantee can be given however on the integrity or suitability of any existing components being connected to and the Company cannot be held responsible for the failure of any such components or defects existing within any part of the original system i.e) Consumer Units, or Electrical supply to the property etc.
- As it is necessary that all pipes are accessible we will not normally bury them in solid floors or walls and pipes will be exposed in these situations Boxing in of pipe-work is not included unless specifically detailed in the quotation. If we remove boxing, it will be down to the engineer’s discretion if the boxing is to be put back.
- The quotation given by Glow Green Ltd is a fixed price for the specification of the air conditioning installation. The quotation does not include existing issues which we may come across during the installation with your gas, heating, plumbing or electrical system. Should we find issues with your existing system this will be noted on the post installation paperwork. A separate quotation can be given to complete these works.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure a suitable electrical supply and meter is available to the relevant property. Where this is not the case the Customer will need to organise a supply via their existing or any other suitable electrical provider. An electric meter will also be required which will need to be arranged separately with an electrical provider. Any costs incurred for the same are to be borne by the Customer and are in no way part of this Contract unless specifically included in the quotation.
- The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a “site clearance for reoccupation” certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we continue to work at your property.
- The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials.
- The Contract price quoted is subject to any changes in Value Added Tax.
- Our engineers may need to gain access to the property main or garage roof. Glow Green does not hold any liability for damage to a roof if engineers have to gain access.
- When brickwork, stonework or other masonry has to be made good, we require the client to provide the necessary bricks required for making good, with the correct quantity allowed for. Glow Green will not provide the bricks for these works unless specifically outlined in the quotation provided in the quotation.
- If the air conditioning system is to be installed in the loft or at another high location, it is the customers responsibility to install any relevant accessibility parts such as fixed loft ladder, lights, fixed surface/platform, hand rails etc.
Glow Green 7 year Air conditioning Warranty
The below terms and conditions refer to the optional 7 year labour warranty, from date of installation. This is only available to customers who had a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Daikin Air Conditioning installed by Glow Green Ltd,
- A 7 year Parts (Only) Warranty is provided for free, for Air conditioning systems installed by Glow Green.
- In order to obtain a complete full 7 years Labour warranty the homeowner must agree to use Glow Green Ltd (AC Glow Care 100 – £99 Plus VAT for the first year) for the full service obligation of the system. This involves the appliance being serviced within every 12 months by Glow Green Ltd (covered under Glow Care 100). It is the homeowner’s sole responsibility to book in this service with Glow Green Ltd within the 12 month timescale.
- If the air conditioning system develops a fault, we may ask you to pay us a deposit before we visit you to repair it. We will return the deposit in full if we find a fault that is covered by this warranty. We may keep the deposit if we cannot access your property at the time we had arranged with you to visit or we find other conditions of this warranty have not been met. A responsible adult must be at the property to give our engineer access to the air conditioning
- A charge will be made for any recurring call outs relating to any exclusions mentioned, chargeable at Glow Green Ltd’s current normal working hours and emergency out of hours (£99 Plus VAT normal working hours and £149 plus VAT emergency out of hours).
- Glow Green Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage that may arise due to adverse weather conditions such as frozen condensation outlets, storms & floods.
- Glow Green Ltd reserve the right to cancel any service and maintenance contract if a homeowner does not keep up with the services and maintenance recommendations made by Glow Green Ltd engineers at any point during the 7 years.
- Your warranty will be void if you interfere with the Air Conditioning system in any way,
- Any decisions made by Glow Green Ltd are final and not subject to change.
- Should there be a pay increase in the service contract; Glow Green Ltd will notify you 1 month before collecting the payment.
- Boiler Servicing will usually be carried out during the period April to August inclusive. Glow Green Ltd will not be obliged to carry out a service outside of this period as breakdown calls will be given priority. All servicing work is carried out during normal working hours Monday to Friday.
- Glow Green Ltd may not be held responsible for any delay in provision of spare parts by suppliers and thus no compensation is payable should this occur. Glow Green Ltd may supply and fit replacement parts and components which are adequate but not the same as defective parts.
- This warranty only relates to the air conditioning system & integrated controls.
- Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
- This warranty only applies to air conditioning systems bought in and used in the United Kingdom.
- Engineers will not carry out repairs if they think accessing the air conditioning system would be a risk to health and safety.
- Glow Green reserves the right to cancel the 7 year labour warranty with 28 days notice to renewal. This will not affect your Free 7 year Part Warranty with the manufacturer.
- This warranty does not in any way affect your statutory or legal rights.
This warranty does not cover the following.
- Commercial or industrial premises. This optional Labour warranty is strictly for Residential (Domestic) properties.
- Air conditioning systems installed within mobile leisure accommodation vehicles (LAVs) e.g. boats, caravans, static homes.
- Products that have been moved from their original place of installation.
- Any repair that is needed as a result of anything other than a fault to the air conditioning system.
- Consumable parts.
- Any damage, whether accidental, negligent, malicious or otherwise. Damaged appliances should not be installed.
- Theft or attempted theft.
- Any other costs or expenses caused by, or arising as a result of, a repair.
- Any problems caused by inadequate supply of electricity.
- Rectifying a refrigerant leak after 12 months
- The cost of a replacement condensate pump after 12 months
- The cost of a compressor replacement (labour & materials)
- Call outs on Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays
- Labour Repairs over £300 each calendar year.
- The cost of any high level access equipment that may be required for repair purposes.
FINANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- At Glow Green Limited we offer finance packages to our customers to make it easier to pay for their heating and plumbing solutions by spreading the cost over monthly instalments.
- We work together with our finance partners Hitachi Capital and Barclays Partner Finance to be able to offer the best package to suit our clients.
- 0% APR Finance is available on boiler and installation packages up to £2,000 inc VAT. If the cost of the installation package exceeds £2,000, the remainder of the balance is to be paid as a deposit. Representative Example: Package value of £3,000 with £2,000 on 0% APR finance and £1000 to be paid as a deposit. Total amount payable is £3,000.
Notice of Right to Cancel – Installation
You (The customer) have the right to cancel this contract if you wish. This right can be exercised by sending notice at any time within the period of 14 days starting with the date of acceptance of your quotation.. The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent electronically. If work on the above contract has begun, with your agreement, before the end of the cancellation period, you will be deemed to have waived your cancellation right and may be required to pay for any goods or services supplied up until the date of cancellation. You will also be responsible for returning any goods provided to you. Glow Green reserves the right to make reasonable deductions where returned goods have diminished in value due to use. Any related credit agreement will be automatically cancelled if the contract for goods and services is cancelled. If you wish to cancel your contract within the 14 day cancellation period please use the contact methods set out below. If you do not provide us with at least 2 working day’s notice before cancelling your boiler installation, a £250 cancellation charge will be applied.
To cancel please write to us at:
Glow Green Ltd.
Floor 5, 26 – 32 Oxford Road
Or use our online cancellation form here: https://www.glowgreenLtd.com/finance-cancellation-form/
Cancellation Rights – Loan Agreement (if applicable)
If you have arranged a loan agreement with one of our Finance Corporate Partners, you are within your legal rights to cancel your loan agreement at any time within 14 days of signing the loan agreement, which must be given in writing to Glow Green Ltd. However, if the installation has commenced within this time, you will become immediately liable to settle the full installation costs. If you do not provide us with at least 2 working day’s notice before cancelling your installation, a £250 cancellation charge will be applied.
To cancel please visit the following website address: https://www.glowgreenLtd.com/finance-cancellation-form/
Occasionally circumstances arise where problems can occur, giving rise to complaints. If you wish to make a complaint to us concerning our performance and failure of our obligations under the terms of this Contract you must email us at [email protected] setting out details of the complaint and we aim to respond in 2 working days.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint relating to the installation of your air conditioning system within 8 weeks, or in cases where you remain dissatisfied by our proposed resolution, you may refer your complaint to the Furniture & Home Improvement Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to this service, please contact the ombudsman by visiting this website https://www.fhio.org/dispute or you can call them on 0333 241 3209.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint relating to a loan agreement arranged through us, you may have the right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge (within certain timescales). Further information on this will be included within our final response to your complaint.
To download a copy of our complaints procedure please click here.
Glow Green is committed to the health and wellbeing of its customers, engineers and office staff during the Coronavirus Pandemic. We anticipate minimal disruption to our operations, as most of our office team is working from home and we are therefore able to take phone calls and respond to emails as normal. However your patience is appreciated whilst we adapt to this new way of working.
All our engineers have been briefed on precautions outlined by the government and this is continually reviewed. When booking appointments, we are undertaking a Risk Assessment & Health Questionnaire with our customers in the interests of safety for all concerned. We ask that our customers either vacate the property or stay in a room away from our engineer where possible. Our engineers are expected to carry protective equipment and wipe down equipment with sanitizer. If you are considered clinically vulnerable by the NHS you must let us know before our engineers attend. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the impact of COVID-19 on our operation please feel free to contact us on 0330 1139488 or send an email to [email protected].
In accordance with health and safety guidelines, to view the latest version of Glow Green’s COVID-19 risk assessment, click here.