Glow Green 12 year warranty
The below terms and conditions refer to the optional 12 year parts and labour warranty, from date of installation. This is only available to customers who had their boiler installed by Glow Green ltd, and who opted to have a Worcester Bosch boiler installed. Policy includes Gas, LPG and excludes oil boilers.
- Glow Green will complete the Benchmark commissioning checklist in full at the time the boiler is installed. This checklist must be made available to Glow Green if we ask and is found at the back of the installation instructions.
- A magnetic filter must be installed on the date of installation and cleaned every 12 months.
- The flue system is only covered for 12 months after the installation date.
- In order to obtain a complete full 12 years, warranty the homeowner must agree to use Glow Green ltd (Glow Care 100) for the full service obligation of the appliance and system. This involves the appliance being serviced within every 12 months by Glow Green ltd (covered under Glow Care 100). It is the homeowner’s sole responsibility to book in this service with Glow Green ltd within this timescale.
- If the boiler breaks down, we may ask you to pay us a deposit before we visit you to repair it. We will return the deposit in full if we find a fault that is covered by this warranty. We may keep the deposit if we cannot access your property at the time we had arranged with you to visit or we find other conditions of this warranty have not been met. A responsible adult must be at the property to give our engineer access to the boiler.
- Glow Green ltd will not accept liability or responsibility for any fault found on the existing heating system not forming part of the appliance or any fault arising from causes other than the original manufacturing defects or workmanship. A charge will be made for any reoccurring call outs relating to the exclusions mentioned, chargeable at Glow Green ltd’s current normal working hours and emergency out of hours (£72 normal working hours and £144 emergency out of hours). Prices inc. VAT at 20%.
- Glow Green ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage that may arise due to adverse weather conditions such as frozen condensation outlets, storms, floods or rainwater down the flue.
- Glow Green ltd reserve the right to cancel any service and maintenance contract if a homeowner does not keep up with the services and maintenance recommendations made by Glow Green ltd engineers at any point during the 12 years.
- Your warranty will be void if you interfere with the heating systems in any way, including draining down the system.
- Any decisions made by Glow Green ltd are final and not subject to change.
- Should there be a pay increase in the service contract (Glow Care 100 and 200); Glow Green Ltd will notify you 1 month before collecting the payment.
- Boiler Servicing will usually be carried out during the period April to August inclusive. Glow Green ltd will not be obliged to carry out a service outside of this period as breakdown calls will be given priority. All servicing work is carried out during normal working hours Monday to Friday. Where a condensing boiler is installed and the efficiency of the boiler be found to be reduced predominantly caused by fouling of the heat exchanger Glow Green ltd reserve the right to charge an additional cost to the standard service rate, Including charges for additional consumables.
- Glow Green ltd may not be held responsible for any delay in provision of spare parts by suppliers and thus no compensation is payable should this occur. Glow Green ltd may supply and fit replacement parts and components which are adequate but not the same as defective parts.
- This warranty only relates to the boiler and integrated controls, not to any connected system or accessories such as time switches, thermostats, motorised valves, external pumps, external expansion vessels and so on.
- Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
- This warranty only applies to boilers bought in and used in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- Engineers will not carry out repairs if they think accessing the boiler would be a risk to health and safety.
- If your boiler is in a cupboard, there must be enough room for the engineer to work (the minimum area as set out in the installation instructions). We will not accept responsibility for removing cupboards, kitchen units, trims and so on to gain access for repairs.
- This warranty does not in any way affect your statutory or legal rights.
This warranty does not cover the following.
- Boilers installed within mobile leisure accommodation vehicles (LAVs) e.g. boats, caravans.
- Products that have been moved from their original place of installation.
- Costs of each annual service, including parts such as seals or electrodes replaced at this time.
- Any repair that is needed as a result of anything other than a fault to the boiler or failure of the boiler itself.
- Any damage, whether accidental, negligent, malicious or otherwise. Damaged appliances should not be installed.
- Theft or attempted theft.
- Any fault or failure in the heating system to which the boiler is connected.
- Any other costs or expenses caused by, or arising as a result of, a repair.
- Any damage caused by hard water scale deposits or sludge resulting from corrosion.
- Any problems caused by inadequate supply of services such as electricity, gas or water to the property.
- Boilers which have not been:
- the requirement to clean the system and add corrosion inhibitor in line with BS7593:1992); or
- maintained strictly in line with the maintenance instructions supplied with them.
For more full details, download a full copy of the contract here.